I purchase almost all of my electronics products and appliances from pc richards as does the rest of my family.I purchased a netbook on 12/21/09 and bought the extended warranty.

Recently I opened the netbook and there was a crack in the top corner of the screen. I brought the netbook to pcrichards service center in farmingdale NY on 1/6 and after the unit was inspected by a tech was told it was out of warranty and was unecconomical to fix. After fighting with numerous customer service people and a manger named Brian was told that the repair could be done and the part would be ordered and I would be charged $100. This was on 1/13 that I approved the ordering of the part and the repair.

Yesterday, 1/31 I called to get an update and was told the order was placed and now the part wont be in until Tuesday 2/8.I dont understand why it is taking so long and why there is such miscommunication.I'm seriously reconsidering buying anything else from PC Richards if this is how they treat loyal customers.

Had an Experience with PC Richard and Son?

Comments

pcrichardandson

Dear Richwest05:

It's likely that the part we need to repair your netbook is on backorder. I apologize that we have not been in better communication with you regarding this.

If possible, please e-mail me at social@pcrichard.com with your name, contact number and invoice number so I can investigate the situation and update you with what is going on. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Allison L.

P.C. Richard & Son

Wow they are replacing a screen for an out of warranty computer for 100? I am definetly going to pc richards for my next purchase